A 2008 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study revealed that food allergies have increased by 18% from 1997 to 2007. In fact, one in thirteen children has life-threatening food allergies, which equates to two children in every classroom. But that is not the whole story. According to our Tuesday Talk guest, Robyn O’Brien, founder of the AllergyKids Foundation and the author of The Unhealthy Truth: One Mother’s Shocking Investigation into the Dangers of America’s Food Supply– and What Every Family Can Do to Protect Itself, there has been a dramatic increase in food allergies, asthma, ADHD and autism in the last twenty years. The culprit Robyn surmises is recent changes in our food supply.
What You Will Learn in the Interview
- Robyn’s amazing journey from ordinary don’t-tell-me-what-to-feed-my-kids mom to food activist.
- The information Robyn learned that changed her whole life.
- Step-by-step instruction on how you can protect your children without over stepping your budget or going crazy.
Please watch the video. It will change your life.
Best yet, Robyn is giving away two of her books, the UnHealthy Truth, to two lucky Green Sisterhood readers. The book details Robyn’s path along with step by step instructions on how you can change your family’s food consumption without going crazy and/or winning the lottery.
- You must be over 18 and live in the US. (See our contest rules here.)
- Comment why you want to win this book
For additional chances to win:
- Like Robyn’s Facebook Page. Be sure to leave a separate comment that you liked the page.
- Like Green Sisterhood’s Facebook Page. Be sure to leave a separate comment that you like the page.
- Follow UnHealthy Truth on Twitter. Be sure to leave a separate comment that you are following UnHealthy Truth.
- Follow Green Sisterhood on Twitter. Be sure to leave a separate comment that you are following Green Sisterhood.
- Join Green Sisterhood’s free Newsletter email list . Be sure to come back and leave a separate comment to tell me you joined. If you are already a member, just say so.
- Tweet about this contest and come back and leave a separate comment of the url (weblink) of your twitter comment.
Enter to win Robyn O’Brien’s book, UnHealthy Truth. Learn why our food supply has increased kid allergies. ===> Click to Tweet.
You must enter by Tuesday , September 10, 2013 11:59 PM EST time to win. Winners will be chosen at random on September 11, 2013 . Good Luck everyone!
Special thanks to Gina of Mom-Blog who joined us on the interview and shared her own personal story. Read her thoughts about the interview here.