Lead in lipstick is bad enough. Formaldehyde in lotions is just as bad.
Now, Dolce Gabbana is making perfume for babies, just in case you need to cover up the sweet baby’s breadth and delicious skin smell with synthetically derived chemicals.
What is the fashion world coming to?
According to Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, “Babies are especially susceptible to the dangers of toxic chemicals in fragrances and other personal care products. Early life exposure to toxic chemicals that mimic hormones can contribute to early puberty in girls and may have long term impacts that manifest later in life, including an increased risk of breast cancer and other cancers.”
So what is this fashion giant and Proctor and Gamble, the parent company, are trying to do?
Read what Nature Moms thinks about this urgent issue.
More from Green Sisterhood Network:
- ecokaren – Sea Veggies Primer: Kombu
- Green Talk – How to remove labels from glass jars
- Groovy Green Livin – Have a GMO Free Valentine’s Day!
- The Soft Landing – Truly Effective and Non-Toxic Bleach Alternatives
- Jen and Joey Go Green – Upcycled Valentines
Image courtesy of Nature Moms.